Electronic Gaming Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Created for our Gamer's Comunity.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV Empty
PostSubject: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:09 pm

STREET FIGHTER 4 IS GOOD ITERATION TO THE SERIES. BUT THE GAME IN COMPARISON TO ITS PREDECESSOR LACKS IN ITS GAME PLAY. ILL GIVE A FEW EXAMPLES OF WHY STREET FIGHTER 4 LACKS COMPARED TO 3RD STRIKE.

1- IN SF4, BECAUSE OF BEING IN 3D THE GAME MAKES MANNY MISTAKES. ITS NOT AS CONSISTENT AS IN 3RD STRIKE, WHICH THE SPRITES ARE MADE IN 2D.

2- IN SF4 YOU CAN CANCEL ANY SPECIAL WITH ANY MOVE, NO MATTER THE DISTANCE. ON THE OTHER HAND IN 3RD STRIKE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN UNLESS THERE IS DISTANCE BETWEEN THE CHARACTER, WHICH GIVE ONE OR THE PLAYERS THE CHANCE TO MAKE A MOVE. IN SF4 IS VERY FAKE IN THE FACT THAT U CAN CANCEL IT EVEN WITH A GRAB.

3- ANOTHER OF SF4'S FLAW AND IN MY OPINION FAKE, IS THAT THEY GAVE AN EXAGGERATED AMOUNT OF PRIORITY TO THE GRABS.

THOSE ARE THE POINTS ILL DISCUSS FOR NOW. ILL BE TALKING MORE ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THESE 2 GAMES ANOTHER TIME.
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Heartless
Spriter Hiryu
Spriter Hiryu
Corrupted Heartless

Male Number of posts : 711
Location : [img]http://metroid.bobandgeorge.com/archives/Metroid217.png[/img]
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:33 pm

In addition to Ken's list

4- SF4 uses Focus Attack which either an Armor Break attack or any 2 hits can break which sometimes annoys you, in SF3 3rd Strike you have the Parrying System which u can Parry basically all attacks (except throws) and then counter attack (which doesnt always work), if only both couldve been mixed it wouldve made a good counter attack measure at least to fisical blows T= geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kenbato26
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

Male Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: ?   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 am

U both have good opinions with the games but your thrashing SF4 sure it doesnt have the speed as in SF3rd but remember Giving quality 3D graphics and speed aint that easy to do

3rd strike has also a few major flaws like Yes the All mighty Parry where u can be invincible with a turbo controller

sure I admit that the parry is Freaking usefull but one can spam it like crazy
it does add a bit of strategy to the game but it could have been btr with a limit

for example the focus attack in SF4 has limit for one not to spam it imagine its a crappier parry
sure it would have been a lot btr if one could parry but lets just not make spammable moves

Priority with grabs. Yes I agree this is the first street fighter game where grabs are the law
which annoys me since i believe beating someone with a grab is considered cheap

lets hope that the next patch of SF4 btr the grab system or allows us for a special grab counter
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/reishimaru
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Reishimaru wrote:
U both have good opinions with the games but your thrashing SF4 sure it doesnt have the speed as in SF3rd but remember Giving quality 3D graphics and speed aint that easy to do

3rd strike has also a few major flaws like Yes the All mighty Parry where u can be invincible with a turbo controller

sure I admit that the parry is Freaking usefull but one can spam it like crazy
it does add a bit of strategy to the game but it could have been btr with a limit

for example the focus attack in SF4 has limit for one not to spam it imagine its a crappier parry
sure it would have been a lot btr if one could parry but lets just not make spammable moves

Priority with grabs. Yes I agree this is the first street fighter game where grabs are the law
which annoys me since i believe beating someone with a grab is considered cheap

lets hope that the next patch of SF4 btr the grab system or allows us for a special grab counter

I agree it should be easy to counter a grab like old street fighters now you just counter it by pure luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:46 pm

And yet that is why I love SF IV I mean people are afraid (or annoyed) of me for all the grabbing I do(don't blame me it's your fault you block so much)
Back to top Go down
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:47 pm

V wrote:
And yet that is why I love SF IV I mean people are afraid (or annoyed) of me for all the grabbing I do(don't blame me it's your fault you block so much)

XD LOL! yeah but it should be more easy to counter it XD other than that i love SFIV more than 3rd strike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah and while they are at it they should limit the timing of Ryu and Ken's Tasumaki to Dragon Punch I mean its unfreakinbelivable that the minute his toe touches the ground he can quickly do a Dragon Punch
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Heartless
Spriter Hiryu
Spriter Hiryu
Corrupted Heartless

Male Number of posts : 711
Location : [img]http://metroid.bobandgeorge.com/archives/Metroid217.png[/img]
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:41 pm

V wrote:
Yeah and while they are at it they should limit the timing of Ryu and Ken's Tasumaki to Dragon Punch I mean its unfreakinbelivable that the minute his toe touches the ground he can quickly do a Dragon Punch

there's another shoryuken unbelievable...during online play if u have a semi-good to low connection u can't counter attack a jab shoryuken that comes multiple times..it was annoying how my opponent was like "shoryuken shoryuken shoryuken" and stuff and i tried any physical attack and i couldn't do anything(not to mention everytime i go away he spams hadoukens like everybody would simply do haha)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kenbato26
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV   STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STREET FIGHTER 3RD STRIKE VS STREET FIGHTER IV
Page 1 of 1