Electronic Gaming Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Created for our Gamer's Comunity.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think?

Go down 
+4
Fuzzy Wuzzy V
Dominik of the Expendable
evilbuho
Reishimaru
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

Male Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-24

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:54 pm

What do you think? I ask

I made this topic for discussion on Anime's Theory, Culture. what if, etc.

I just want people to talk...or post about what do they think of anime what keeps em going, whats good, whats better so on and so forth just a big debate

First topic on my mind.

Anime that with the transfer from Japan to America.
what anime's with the Americanization keep their essence (like Rurouni kenshi)

In my opinion I hate american TV they think that Anime is a bot to much for kids but i think otherwise
I have learned a great deal from anime. It has given me quite a bit of morals.

Gr im talking too much for my first post
Well what do u think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/reishimaru
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-10-10

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 am

Of the few animes that i liked the American version there was Cowboy Bebob, Trigun and Evangelion I did not like the American version of Rurouni Kenshin. And I belive that while I was growing up they were a great part of my life thanks to las telecomicas were I first saw Samurai X in spanish and ranma 1/2. I believe they have help me a lot given the great moral compass that kenshin showed in the series.

I dont know if this is what you had in mind when you created this topic but im trying lol
Back to top Go down
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: ?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:05 am

Thats exactly what i had in mind.

I once heard that Puerto Rico Dubbed Ultraman Seven and said it was the best spanish dubbed made cause of the no accent spanish that we posses. Also a small tid bit Walter Mercado used to be a voice actor 0-0 i know shocking.

All of this was when Puertorican TV showed Anime A good times. the anime that i remember in spanish never sufferd the censorship from the US.

Their are so many anime if it werent for america's stupid censorship they would be great.
One cartoon that didnt suffer from this was samurai jack and that was almost all bad guys werent human so they could make a bloody scene with robot oil and still made it look cool
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

Male Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2008-10-12

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:08 am

yeah basically that's why i like to watch subbed anime instead of waiting for America to air them... and yeah Samurai Jack is awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blackout46
Fuzzy Wuzzy V
Supreme Overlord of the Forum
Fuzzy Wuzzy V

Male Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2009-07-28

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 am

I prefer the American versions for one reason and that reason you already know so I won't say it. And although I admit that some things get lost in translation it has to be that way since somethings that are acceptable in Japanese culture are not in American culture, And besides the only anime that they show for kids right now is Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh 5Ds(And I think Sonic X if you wanna count that as Anime too) but the rest are in Adult Swim and Ani-Monday (And believe I know for a fact that if they had their way they would air it like it's meant to be). So yeah......that's my defense on American broadcasts. And yeah Anime taught me more than the Bible ever did (Cause they tell you in the Bible not to kill but that's just words on a page, it made much more of an impact on me when Rem Savarem taught the same thing to Vash The Stampede)
Back to top Go down
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 am

One thing about that is that i have never found the Samurai X that they aired in telecomicas. I have always belived that not being able to find it anywhere for download is that maybe they dubbed it here in PR. I mean you could tell that the voice actors were far superior and did not have mexican accent or spanish accents. My mom confirmed that possibility when she told me what chino just said. And I mean in telecomicas they always used to warn that everything that the anime showed was made believe.

I miss those times.
Back to top Go down
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: ?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 am

Be carefull with subbed anime depending on the Group that subbed it.
the subb may be of low quality.

if you want to watch subbed anime without loosing is normal essence watch spanish subbed anime.
The subbed are perfect right down to the letter. Thats because Spanish is one of the mos complete languages there is in this world...0-0 i know again shocking and english compared to world languages is still amateur.

And i have to give props to V you gave a good comment their my friend
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 am

yeah it's true... i always love the Telecomicas Anime... i mean what they did with DBZ was not as awesome but Samurai X was the Jizz taught me lot of things...
Back to top Go down
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:17 am

Is true what chino says and they say that it is easier for someone who knows Spanish to learn Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wuzzy V
Fuzzy Wuzzy V

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:19 am

I'm going to say one thing that will win this argument that's happening in my mind,,,,,,,Steven Blum. Check him out in Wiki to see how EPIC he is!!
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:20 am

well basically yeah it's true what chino says... i mean it's like trying to make an american learn japanese.. i mean... no xD and well yeah Steven Blum is awesome... i agree with V on that
Back to top Go down
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:21 am

Fuzzy Wuzzy V wrote:
I'm going to say one thing that will win this argument that's happening in my mind,,,,,,,Steven Blum. Check him out in Wiki to see how EPIC he is!!

He was spike enough said xD
Back to top Go down
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: ?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:27 am

Well topic has changed to voice acting.

Voice acting hard, easy?
Where is best for voice acting?
Games, Anime, Cartoons?
What do you think?

I know your gonna like this one V
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:29 am

i don't think voice acting is that hard... but it's not that easy either cause yeah the voice actor basically live the characters life, and well it's basically good for anything from games to anime to movies to cartoons that's my opinion
Back to top Go down
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: ?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:36 am

Well that doesn't say much dude. either it is or isnt. good or bad, right or wrong.
I play games and i think a game is hard or easy i never say is normal... lol difficulty joke

To me it depends on the person as the same for an actor a Voice actor must know when and how to give out a line if anyone has seen the voice acting of any type of media.
Most people that come out of a Voice acting recording session come out exhausted.
Why would they be exhausted? belive it or not voice acting requires quite a bit of energy.

Imagine Vegeta's "Over 9000" Line with less energy.
That scene there is a good example of voice acting.
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:38 am

well basically that was the point of my comment... i mean it's not easy for some people depending on the character and how well they are into it
Back to top Go down
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: ?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:42 am

well be more specific next time ^-^ this might save you on your advance english class when you have to give an essay.

V im eagerly awaiting on your opinion in voice acting i know you have a bit to say on this one.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wuzzy V
Fuzzy Wuzzy V

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:46 am

Reishimaru wrote:
Well topic has changed to voice acting.

Voice acting hard, easy?
Where is best for voice acting?
Games, Anime, Cartoons?
What do you think?

I know your gonna like this one V

For starters...HELL Yeah I'm gonna love this since it's my specialty.

1. It's hard since remember the VA has to make his voice match that of the character and in Anime the American voice actor is basically voicing someone who has already been voiced by somebody else (this is where most of your complaints come from because you hear the Seiyu and are acustomed to their tone of voice)

2. All three are good for Voice acting, although it allways depends on the kind of voice that you have since some voices are best suited for Anime and Games and others are better suited for American cartoons. That is the reason you almost never see a cartoon voice actor being in an anime and vice versa although I have to admit the common ground is games since I have seen Anime and cartton voice actors working on games (A good example is Doom 3 where Steven Blum does voices and Phil Lammar and Grey Delisle do too even though much of their voice over work is in American Cartoons)

3. Do I even have to say what I think?
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:49 am

point made by V... as always xD
Back to top Go down
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:52 am

Voice acting is hard that's why they get it wrong so many times. It becomes hard to please fans that have already heard the Japanese version. For me one of the best American voice overs were in Cowboy Bebob, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist and Evangelion. They did great with those animes and even Dragon Ball was better in English that in Japanese well that is to me. XD
Back to top Go down
ELITE
ELITE

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:54 am

LOL yeah Goku's voice is manlier in English xD God i hate when that happens
Back to top Go down
Reishimaru
Admin
Admin
Reishimaru

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: ?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:58 am

Agreed with the dragonball tid bit.
And of course is gonna sound manlier a woman is the one making the voice for goku in Japanese
Even the music changes in dragonball not many animes do that mainly what they do is leave the music and just do voice overs. but in dragonball they changed the music and some sound effects.

If ya want to see for yourself on how much is does change check out The legend of broly DVD and change the audio From JAP Ton ENG and you will notice the music change from soft to some metal and of course the voices
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wuzzy V
Fuzzy Wuzzy V

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:59 am

Which is hilarious because I hate Seiyu's! I can't stand the way the girls talk and all of the guys sound alike to me! Well this is my last post for an hour because I gotta watch Bleach IN ENGLISH!!!!!!! Johnny Yong Bosch FOR THE WIN!!!!!! (BTW Buho he's the guy who voiced Vash The Stampede)
Back to top Go down
evilbuho
Hardcolero
Hardcolero
evilbuho

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:04 am

Fuzzy Wuzzy V wrote:
Which is hilarious because I hate Seiyu's! I can't stand the way the girls talk and all of the guys sound alike to me! Well this is my last post for an hour because I gotta watch Bleach IN ENGLISH!!!!!!! Johnny Yong Bosch FOR THE WIN!!!!!! (BTW Buho he's the guy who voiced Vash The Stampede)

Vash was awesome in English too he was funny as hell.

Still there there are more animes that i like in japanese that the ones i like in english.

So what do you guys think about this

Violent anime, Funny anime, Dramatic Anime or Fantasy Anime?
Back to top Go down
Betty
Princess of Delight Castle
Princess of Delight Castle
Betty

Female Number of posts : 1067
Registration date : 2008-10-29

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:50 am

Violent anime would be my first choice

I grew up with Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball and Weiss Kreuz... so My liking for action packed/violent anime was set pretty deep in my mind.

As for how violent I like my anime, go watch Higurashi No Naku, or "When They Cry" (yeah, this is for you to watch it V... it's dubbed, just the way you like it). That will pretty much give you the idea of to what extent the violence can go.

When I get tired of Violence, then I go for comedy. The only Anime I'd reccomend that makes me laugh when i'm one or two minutes into it is Kanokon. It's a good hearted ecchi comedy about demons in high school.

>.> By the way, some Seiyus are actually worth it... Megumi Oogata (Shinji Ikari, Kurama) is a good example of a good Japanese female seiyu, famous for her male roles in anime. As for Male Seiyus, my favorite are the guys that do the voices in Weiss Kreuz: Takehito Koyasu (but he has scary teeth!), Tomokazu Seki, Shinichiro Miki, Hiro Yuuki and Hikaru Midorikawa are some of the best damned seiyus I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Electronic Gaming Association :: Otaku Corner (Anime,Manga,Cosplay,etc) :: Anime-
Jump to: